Our firm provides an integrated contract law practice designed to answer the needs of both local and international clients at all levels of pre-contractual and contractual relations.
Understanding clients’ needs
We recognise the diversity and complexity of economic interests interacting with the negotiation, performance and sometimes breach of a contract. Legal services should aim first and foremost to identify and understand such economic interests underlying the “life” of a contract, subsequently providing individually tailored legal solutions which employ the various instruments of contract law to address these interests as efficiently as possible in all stages of contractual relations.
Integrated Services, Comprehensive Expertise
We provide our clients with the full range of legal services in the field of contract law:
- Pre-contractual legal evaluation of the legal implications of a projected contract, including contract type, validity, compliance (eg, with competition law, public procurement procedures or financing terms) and contractual liability exposure analyses;
- Assistance or representation in pre-contractual negotiations, as well as advice and litigation services in relation to breaches of potential pre-contractual duties;
- Advice on compliance with contract terms, analyses of the legal benefits and risks of possible manners of performance contemplated by the client in light of their comparative economic benefits;
- Assistance or representation in contract-related disputes (invalidity/unenforceability, breach of contract etc.), at the level of both settlement negotiations and litigation/arbitration proceedings.
As the holder of an LLM degree in Law and Economics (Distinction) from University College London, where he studied both Economic Analysis of Law and Comparative Contract Law, Cristian combines a good understanding of clients’ practical needs and of the economic implications of contract law with solid legal know-how regarding not only Romanian contract law, but also foreign contract regimes, particularly the English, French and German systems. In addition, Cristian coordinates seminars on the general theory of civil law at the Faculty of Law of the University of Bucharest and is currently a PhD candidate of the same academic institution, specialising on contractual liability.
Mihnea also has both an outstanding academic background in contract law and excellent practical knowledge of the field. Having studied comparative contract law and business negotiation for his LLM degree in Cross-Cultural Business Practice (magna cum laude), Mihnea has accumulated considerable practical experience in contract negotiation and contract disputes. In particular, Mihnea has handled complex litigation with respect to specialised public procurement contracts, and was involved in contract-related international arbitration proceedings.
Out team’s experience covers both legal advice and litigation or arbitration services both in non-specialised commercial transactions and in a variety of specialised industries, such as:
- Construction and infrastructure works, including under FIDIC and JBIC standard contracts, as well as architectural projects;
- Pharma and healthcare, including contracts for the assignment or licensing of IP rights;
- Public procurement contracts;
- Financing of real estate projects;
- Fashion design.